Now, with our event ticketing system you have the ability to choose between 4 different currencies: Euro (EUR), British Pound (GBP), Swedish Krona (SEK) & Danish Krone (DKK). We launched Tame in mid-April 2018, and up until now, we’ve only supported Danish currency (DKK) for paid tickets, although Tame is built for any event team anywhere in the world. That’s just silly. 😜
Well, times are changing: we’re incredibly happy to deliver the news that from today you’ll be able to charge your attendees in:
- SEK (Swedish Krona)
- GBP (Pound sterling)
- EUR (Euro)
- And of course, Danish Krone (DKK)
To sell tickets in these currencies, however, it is required that your organization is based in one of the following countries with valid VAT ID:
- Austria 🇦🇹
- Belgium 🇧🇪
- Denmark 🇩🇰
- Finland 🇫🇮
- France 🇫🇷
- Germany 🇩🇪
- Ireland 🇮🇪
- Luxembourg 🇱🇺
- Netherlands 🇳🇱
- Spain 🇪🇸
- Sweden 🇸🇪
- United Kingdom 🇬🇧
- Italy 🇮🇹
- Portugal 🇵🇹
The reason for this is Stripe, (our payment processor) currently only supports these countries, but please do let us know if you’ve been left out and we’ll do our best to find a solution. ❤ We’re now supporting Euro (EUR), Pound Sterling (GBP) & Swedish Krona (SEK), with more currencies on the way 👏
Setting up currencies for paid tickets 🙌
So, here’s how you set up the currency you want to charge from your attendees:
- Go to the Payment module (located under the ‘Ticketing’ section)
- Select country your organization is based in from the dropdown
- Add and validate CVR / VAT number (this is due to fraud prevention)
- Connect with Stripe (our payment processor)
- Sell tickets, receive money
All set – now, for every paid ticket purchased, the money will be added to your Stripe account (remember, we never hold the money).
What you need to know about our event ticketing system 💡
A few rules apply. Rules sound a bit harsh, but we just want to make sure everything is smooth and no one gets cheated.
- You can not change the currency when you have sold your first ticket.
- VAT validation happens on the event level only (and not organizational level).
- If you need it changed after validating it, just reach out to us.
- Fees (ie. €1 + Stripe fees) are charged in the same currency as tickets are sold.
- Fees are excluding VAT (except for Danish companies where we will add 25% on top)
If you provide a different VAT number to us than the one to Stripe, we consider it an attempt of fraud.
What about US Dollars, Mexican Peso, and Indian Rupees, you say? Rest assured, we’re working like crazy to make sure this is implemented as soon as possible. Which other currencies are you missing? Let us know.
Are you ready to drive ticket sales like never before in your own currency?